Grooming is very important to a dog’s health. A cleaner pet is a happy pet. Bathing your dog yourself is a money saver but a pain. Your back ends up hurting by bending over to scrub your pet. By the end of washing and drying you are more soaked in dirty dog water.
Here are some local spots to try out!
Self serve dog wash: This is a less expensive and they provide all the essentials you might need to your dog’s bath.
- Austin: Healthy Pet: They provide a do it yourself wash but they are also a pet store with varies of treats and toys. Pricing is based on weight of your pup. Less than 30 pounds is $12 and more than 30 pounds $15. Healthy pet has all the bathing products there for your dog’s wash.
- San Marcos: Stinky Dawg Wash: No appointment needed and they offer 10% off Self-Serve Washes with Texas State ID. Another offer is the Self-Serve Bather Program and when you Wash 5 times get your 6th wash free. Stinky Dawg provides everything you might need so no need to bring your own shampoo.
Professional Grooming: Have a professional to style and bath your pet, fair warning,this can come at a higher cost for the services.
- Austin: Laura’s Doggie doo’s: If you want high professional grooming quality, you should check this local place out. Laura’s Doggie Doo’s provides everything a pet grooming salon has to offer. They even do cat grooming! Even though it takes an average 3-4 hours before you receive your pet but i bet your dog will come out fab.
- San Marcos: Beyond Grooming: Serves dogs and cats to look their best. Pricing is based on weight and type of grooming services. They even have a mobile van for an extra $20 can come to you to service your pet needs.
Chain pet groomers/stores: For a quick grooming and a low price. These stores may vary in coupons and discounts to use towards the grooming services.
- PetsSmart: From walking in to have a nail trims to different types of baths with an appointment. Pricing is available online.
- Petco: They aren’t well known for having grooming salons within their stores but will do the job at your local store. They provide different offers and packages from their Mini Make Rover to the Full Service Groom.
**Please be aware that most places require documentation of your pet’s rabies and vaccinations before they preform any services.** Check out where to get these shots on my blog.