Excising your dog is very beneficial not just for your pet but for you too. Keeping you both in shape and having a time to bond and relax in the great outdoors.
ASPCA has some benefits of excising your dog:
- Helps to reduce or eliminate the common behavior problems listed above, such as digging, excessive barking, chewing and hyperactivity
- Helps to keep dogs healthy, agile and limber
- Helps to reduce digestive problems and constipation
- Helps timid or fearful dogs build confidence and trust
- Helps dogs feel sleepy, rather than restless, at bedtime or when you’re relaxing
- Helps to keep dogs’ weight under control
Excising with your pet doesn’t limit to dog owners. Cats can get on the fun too. Blue buffalo, pet food company, shares their list for cat owners.
Here is a clip of my dog, Melanie playing with her tennis ball.
melanie playing ball from clip.
Dog poop is gross topic but every pet parent that lives in an apartment complex or urban area knows that doggie bags are a must. There are always excuses “I forgot a bag” or “no one will care this time.” I have done it a one point and surely everyone has done it. The habit of carrying a doggie bag is a hard one to form but will be environmentally and community friendly later on.
Reasons why to scoop up the poop:
- Environmental and Health: Poop has bacteria and can contain viruses that get into the water supply or tracked in to your home.
- Keeps away flies: Don’t you hate flies? Well you can keep them away by keeping a clean yard area.
- Take back your yard: Have a reason to hang out in the backyard and play catch or have a bar-b-que with not worrying about your dog’s business.
Dog picking up dog poop.
Solutions: Where to find cheap bags:
- Grocery/plastic shopping bags: They might not be biodegradable but these bags are free when picking up milk and eggs and do the dirty poop picking job.
- Dollar store: Usually comes in a pack of six and reasonable for a $1.00.
- Apartment Complex: Sometimes when apartment complexes want their residents to pick up their pets’ poop or have seen a lack in cooperation with pet owning residents; They will give away free doggie bags and dispensers.
- Dog Parks: Most urban areas will have trash cans with plastic bags just for this reason and its free. So take advantage.
- Flush it: Might sound gross but flushing the dog poop after picking it up in the bag is more friendly to the landfills.