Excising your dog is very beneficial not just for your pet but for you too. Keeping you both in shape and having a time to bond and relax in the great outdoors.
ASPCA has some benefits of excising your dog:
- Helps to reduce or eliminate the common behavior problems listed above, such as digging, excessive barking, chewing and hyperactivity
- Helps to keep dogs healthy, agile and limber
- Helps to reduce digestive problems and constipation
- Helps timid or fearful dogs build confidence and trust
- Helps dogs feel sleepy, rather than restless, at bedtime or when you’re relaxing
- Helps to keep dogs’ weight under control
Excising with your pet doesn’t limit to dog owners. Cats can get on the fun too. Blue buffalo, pet food company, shares their list for cat owners.
Here is a clip of my dog, Melanie playing with her tennis ball.