Dog snacks and treats can be filled with unhealthy additives and ingredients for your pet. Scrolling though the internet one day I came across this site, The Novice Chief, with cute and easy recipe for your puppy.
Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits
Yield: 24 medium bones
I have this set of bone cookie cutters and used the medium size for these biscuits.
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 squares white almond bark
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine all ingredients (peanut butter, egg, honey, oats, flour, oil and water), beating until a stiff dough forms.
- Pat out dough into a rectangle, about 1 inch in depth. Using a bone shaped cookie cutter, cut into bones. Use all dough.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping half way through. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- To Dip/Decorate:
- Melt almond bark and oil in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds. Once melted/smooth, dip half of bone into almond bark and lay on parchment paper. Decorate with sprinkles or chopped peanuts and let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
I love how you can decorate them and they are a great gift idea for any pet owner.