I love my dogs but I hate dealing with pet hair. It seems that my floor, furniture and clothes all are a pet hair magnet and I have no clue what to do. Recently, I have been searching for home remedies and changes that I can do to improve my dog’s shedding issue. This can help cat owners too with their feline friend.
What I found was:
- Diet is a huge factor: High quality ingredients and supplements in dog foods improve the health of your dog’s coat and skin.
- Vitamin Supplements: provides the extra push to get all the nourishments that your furry friend needs to reduce shedding.
- Allergies: Many pet owners don’t realize that their pets can get allergies which can contribute to their shedding and hair loss.
- Cover and slips for furniture: This won’t solve the problem and changing these covers out will help you keep some sanity.
- Vacuum and sweeping: cleaning on a bi weekly bias will help control the amount of hair in the home.
- Change in pet food: Try out a couple of brands that work best for your pet and see if the amount of hair loss is changed over time.
- Boost pet hair health with omega oil: these oils can boost the shine and gloss of your pet’s coat and decrease shedding
- Make an appointment to your vet: This problem might be a cause that needs medical attention and your vet can help locate the issue with tests or request some changes.
- Grooming: Baths and brushing are important to remove the hair that lays on and within the coat and provide a cleaner coat for your pet.
I will be testing these solutions out on my dog and may be adding another post to share my findings.